Upper intermediate (for Business)
Start the infrastructure leading to a commanding grasp of Business English!
Do you find it more difficult to speak English on the phone than in person? Native English speaking business professionals will assist your listening comprehension and speaking skills in business related communication challenges. Have you noticed how simple miscommunications can turn into business disasters? This course is complimented with the correct phonetic pronunciations, specific idioms and business phrasal verbs. Overall, this course is an excellent opportunity to challenge you, while displaying your existing leadership and professional people-skills within the business English arena.
Looking for something more specific? Call for a free consultation to discuss a privately designed Business English Course tailored to your interest.
We offer a variety of both tiered and exclusively designed Business English Courses. The B2 Advantage or Upper Intermediate Course is the next level of Lexicon’s fundamental business courses and is a private, one-on-one course that is designed for non-native English speakers. The instructors are native English-speaking educated business professionals or non-native fluent English-speaking educated business professionals.
The duration of this course is 6-9 months, depending on the frequency of arranged lessons.
This course provides the opportunity for the student to be challenged and grow in their business English skills by utilizing a standard balance of reading, writing, speaking and listening. However, this balance can be adjusted to supplement each student’s deficiencies.
The course syllabus includes the following main topics:
- Business or Pleasure: Corporate Entertainment, Making Conversation
- Exchanging Information: Providing Accurate Information
- Material Word: Success & Failure, Ethics and Investment
- Voice and Visuals: Presentations
- Problems on the Phone: Customer Complaints, solving Problems
- Leading Meetings: Chairing Meetings
- Information Age: Information and Disinformation
- Promoting Your Ideas: Innovations, Presenting New Ideas
- Построение отношение: в гостях у коллеги – Relationship-building: Visiting a Colleague’s Home
- Taking Decisions: Worst-case Scenarios, Company Crises
- Планета брендов: Branded Planet: Brand Awareness, Globalization
- Электронная переписка: структура и стиль – Emailing: Structure and Style
- Making an Impact: Openings, Rhetorical Questions, Closings
- Out and About: Business Travel, Telling Anecdotes
- Big Ideas: Management Trends, Leadership
- Телеконференции – Teleconferencing
- Negotiating Deals
- Shaping the Future: Technology, Predictions
Homework is an integral part of this course unless declined by the student.
Placement is determined during the initial introduction / consultation, the student’s needs and is based on the current fluency level of each student.