English in Moscow - Intermediate Plus level B1+
Cross the threshold to an entirely new awareness of the English language!
As you positively progress into the world of the English language, a new vantage point emerges. Lexicon’s Intermediate Plus General English Course is designed to facilitate this new awareness by exposing a higher vocabulary, idioms, colloquial language, intonations, stress, connected speech, and much more! Our professional native English-speaking instructors will provide one-on-one personal attention that will begin to prepare you for the challenges, demands and expectations of living, studying or working in an English-speaking environment. As you cross this threshold your confidence will begin to soar!
Looking for something more specific? Call for a free consultation to discuss a privately designed General English Course tailored to your interest.
We offer a variety of both tiered and exclusively designed General English Courses. The B1+ Intermediate Plus General English Course is part two of Lexicon’s mid-level General English courses and is a private, one-on-one course that is designed for non-native English speakers. Here you have a choice of instructors. You may choose between a bilingual (English-Russian) fluent native speaker or a native English-speaker only. All instructors are educated experienced professionals.
The duration of this course is 6-9 months, depending on the frequency of arranged lessons.
This course provides the opportunity for the student to be challenged and develop their English skills by utilizing a standard balance of reading, writing, speaking and listening. However, this balance can be adjusted to supplement each student’s deficiencies.
The course syllabus includes the following main topics:
- People – Relationships, Family, Friends, Lifestyles, etc.
- Places – Hotels, Holidays, Customs, History, etc.
- Success – Career Choice, Millionaires, Part-time Jobs, School & Academics, etc.
- Science & Technology – Inventions, Transport, Experiments, The Internet, Virtual Reality, etc.
- Leisure – Entertainment, Hobbies, Cinemas, Museums, Theme Parks, etc.
- Nature – Environment, Pollution, Conservation, Animals, Natural Disasters, etc.
- Health & Fitness – Health Resorts, Health Problems, Physical Fitness, Food, etc.
- Modern Life – Advertising, Shopping, The Media, Life in the city & Country, etc.
Homework is an integral part of this course unless declined by the student.
Exams are executed to monitor the student’s progress.
Placement is determined during the initial introduction / consultation, the student’s needs and is based on the current fluency level of each student.