English in Moscow - Vantage or upper intermediate level B2
Escalate your English language confidence beyond your imagination!
Thinking about starting or continuing your education, or maybe living abroad? Whatever your goals, communicating effectively is vital to building your confidence! Do you feel you have a specific weakness that has been overlooked throughout your English language studies? Lexicon’s Upper Intermediate General English Course targets and clarifies these challenges, while significantly enhancing all of your general English skills. This dynamic, supportive and one-on-one approach is anything but boring! We offer the most educated and professional native English-speaking instructors in Russia. Upon completion of this course, your English language confidence will be at an all-time high!
Looking for something more specific? Call for a free consultation to discuss a privately designed General English Course tailored to your interest.
We offer a variety of both tiered and exclusively designed General English Courses. The B2 Vantage or Upper Intermediate General English Course is part three of Lexicon’s mid-level General English courses and is a private, one-on-one course that is designed for non-native English speakers. Here you have a choice of instructors. You may choose between a bilingual (English-Russian) fluent native speaker or a native English-speaker only. All instructors are educated experienced professionals.
The duration of this course is 6-9 months, depending on the frequency of arranged lessons.
This course provides the opportunity for the student to be challenged and develop their English skills by utilizing a standard balance of reading, writing, speaking and listening. However, this balance can be adjusted to supplement each student’s deficiencies.
The course syllabus includes the following main topics:
- On Holiday – All over the world: Advertisements for Holidays and Trips, Comparing photographs, etc.
- Places to be – All over the world: Magazine Articles, interviews, moving, etc.
- Crime and Punishment – Beyond the limits: Strange or stupid laws, etc.
- Adventure – Beyond the limits
- Lifestyle – What the future holds, transportation, etc.
- The Environment – What the future holds: Environment Impacts, etc.
- Fame – Show business: Famous people, etc.
- The Arts – Show Business: Film festivals, etc.
- Celebrations – Express yourself, etc.
- Communication – Express yourself: Advertising, etc.
- The Mind – Body and mind: Health, etc.
- The Body – Body and mind: Health issues, etc.
Homework is an integral part of this course unless declined by the student.
Exams are executed to monitor the student’s progress.
Placement is determined during the initial introduction / consultation, the student’s needs and is based on the current fluency level of each student.